The Hand of the Lord has been on Heritage Baptist Chruch since its beginning. The Church was founded on June 29, 2008. A congregation of 54 met on that Sunday night, The Lord opened the door to a building that had been vacant for more than a year. The first Sunday morning service had 142 in worship. When Sunday school was added the next week, the Lord brought 106. In 3 months, the Lord brought so many new converts and members that the church had outgrown its building. The Lord provided a new, temporary home in the old Piggly Wiggly grocery store on Peters Street. The church purchased some property on Curtis Parkway, and has now completed a 24000 sq ft facility, with 650 seats, 26 Sunday School rooms and a fellowship hall. The Lord has brought close to 1000 members and more than 800 baptisms since the church's founding. The main goal of Heritage Baptist Church seeks to reach the lost with Gospel of Jesus Christ; teach new converts and Christians to share the Gospel message through words and life; and serve others through the ministry of the Gospel through the New Testament church.